Plantain chips are delicious on their own but they’re also great for dipping. Since ours are cut into strips, they’re the perfect vehicle to scoop up dips and sauces. We love to make these three dips at home. They’re delicious, healthy and so easy to make. Give them a try and tell us what you think.
PS: Try them with our yucca strips, too.
1. Hogao (Colombian creole sauce)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- Sea salt to taste
- A pinch or two of cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Heat pan and add ghee or butter.
- Add tomatoes and let cook for 2-3 minutes, until they soften.
- Add green onions and garlic and stir.
- Let the mixture simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sea salt and cumin.
Enjoy warm or cold.
2. Basil Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Handful of basil
- 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of powdered garlic
- Using an immersion blender, mix the egg and olive oil until a cream consistency forms.
- Add the chopped basil, lime juice, sea salt and powdered garlic. Blend until combined.
- 2 Hass avocados
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- The juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Scoop avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the tomato, green onion, cilantro, lime juice and sea salt. Mix to combine.
How do you eat your plantain chips?